Homes in Sedgemoor controls and processes personal information about its customers, staff and board members. The Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act') covers all personal information that relates to living individuals. These individuals are given rights by the Act. We will not share this information with other organisations without the consent of the individual concerned unless we are required by law to do so.
Homes in Sedgemoor will comply with the Act and the following eight principles:
· Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
· Personal data shall only be obtained and further processed for specified and lawful purposes.
· Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose that they are processed.
· Personal data shall be accurate and kept up to date.
· Personal data shall not be kept longer than necessary.
· Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of the data subject.
· Personal data must be kept secure; not lost or unlawfully used.
· Personal data must not be transferred to a country without adequate protection.
How do I see information held about myself?
Individuals have a right of access to personal information held by Homes in Sedgemoor if they are the "data subject" of that information.. Contact the Data Protection Officer ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask for a Data Subject Access Request Form or download one below. The person requesting the data must complete the Access Request Form providing details of the information required as well as their current address and some form of identification. The Act allows Homes in Sedgemoor to charge a £10 administration fee for searching for this information.
Please complete the form and return to the Data Protection Officer with the £10 fee.
Once the form and fee have been received by us, we have 40 days in which to respond. If you can say on the form what you think might be held about you, this will speed up the process.
Incorrect information held about you
Please get in touch with us if you are concerned that information held about you is not accurate.
The Freedom of Information Act (FOI) gives you the right to ask Homes in Sedgemoor for any recorded information that it holds. When we receive an FOI request, unless we are exempt from providing the information, the Organisation is required to:
• Confirm or deny that it holds the information
• If it holds the information, to supply you with it
Wherever reasonable, we will try to provide it in the format you choose. Possible formats are:
• Paper copy
• Electronic copy (e.g. by e-mail)
• Summary of the information
• Access to inspect the documents
We will also make every effort to meet your needs if you have a disability which means you need the information in another format (e.g. Braille, audiotape), or where your language is not English.
For details about how to request information held by Homes in Sedgemoor, please see document below.