Domestic Abuse Help

If you are a victim of Domestic Abuse or know someone who is and wants to help them, there are a lot of services available. These are tailored to help people from all backgrounds and range from emergency police contacts to disability support. Click on the links below to find the kind of help you need.

  • If you, or someone you know, is in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the police. Silent calls will work if it is not safe to speak – use the Silent Solution system and call 999 and then press 55 when prompted. 
  • Local support for you – you can search the Woman’s Aid directory for support in your area: Women’s Aid Directory – Women’s Aid
  • The Survivors Handbook (Woman’s Aid) – The Survivor’s Handbook provides practical support and information for women experiencing domestic abuse, with simple guidance on every aspect of seeking support The Survivor’s Handbook – Women’s Aid
  • Ask for Ani – The Government launched the Ask for ANI (Action Needed Immediately) domestic abuse codeword scheme to help victims access emergency support from the safety of their local pharmacy. When a victim uses the codeword in the pharmacy, a member of staff will take the victim to a private room (‘Safe Space’) where they can help them call the police, domestic abuse helpline or a family member, friend or perhaps even a solicitor. Once your pharmacy has signed up, we will get in touch and provide you with the information and display assets. Ask for ANI – UK SAYS NO MORE 

Specialist Support is available to you:

The travelling community can be supported by contacting:

Support if you are disabled: The Survivor’s Handbook: Support for disabled women – Women’s Aid or 
Vision Aware can support you if you have sight loss – Dealing with Crime or Domestic Violence as a Person with a Disability – VisionAware
Age UK can support you if you are older and worried about abuse – Worried about domestic abuse | Age UK
LGBTQ+ – Galop – the LGBT+ anti-abuse charity – Galop has provided advice, support, research and lobbying around the issues of LGBT+ policing for over 30 years.

Deaf – If you are deaf, sign help will be able to support you. Domestic Abuse Information and Service Details – SignHealth