As part of your tenancy agreement, some property maintenance and repairs are the responsibility of Homes in Sedgemoor, but there may be times when you need to sort the repair yourself.

We’re happy to advise if you’re not sure, and if you discover a fault or need some repair work done, you can simply log it on your portal, or give us a call on 0800 585 360.

We’re required by law to maintain the structure and outside of your property, and installations that supply water, electricity, gas and drainage.

It’s your responsibility to get any meters for gas, electric and water fitted and then these remain the responsibility of your supplier, for example EDF or British Gas.

Reporting a repair

We offer several options for reporting a repair.

The easiest way to report a repair is online using the Customer Portal, where you can book an appointment at a time and date that suits you. You can also report a repair by contacting our Customer Services Team.

If you need a Same Day or an Emergency Repair, you should call our Customer Services Team on 0800 585 360 who will organise an operative to attend before 4pm for a Same Day Repair or within four hours for an Emergency Repair.

If follow-on works are required, the operative will call through to the office and book a further appointment for the works, on a day/time to suit you.

Our offices are open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, and 10am-5pm on Wednesdays.

Emergency repairs

For an emergency repair you can contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week on our usual number, 0800 585360. Emergency repairs include:

  • Blocked drains
  • Only toilet in a property not working
  • Loss of all electrics
  • Uncontrollable leaks

Rechargeable repairs

If we are called out and carry out a repair that is your responsibility, then you will be recharged for the work.

We are also not responsible if a repair is needed because of damage or neglect caused by you, a member of your family, a visitor to your home, or a pet. This includes any accidental damage and any alterations you have made.

You will also have to pay a charge for any lost keys or if we must gain entry or secure your property.

Criminal damage

If damage is caused by criminal action, you must report this to the police and obtain a crime reference number. This will ensure that any resulting repairs can then be completed without a recharge to you.

Report a repair

The easiest way to report a repair is online using the Customer Portal. Here you can book an appointment at a time and date that suits you.

You cannot view content from until you accept all cookies.

Mould, condensation, and damp

To find out more about mould, condensation and damp, and what to do if you think you may have it in your home, please visit our dedicated information page.